|Project title||Thomas Duggan|
|Contract type||Conversion of Offices to 25 Flats|
Dobson Construction Ltd have been successful in their tender bid for the works at Thomas Duggan House to convert the upper two floors of the Commercial Building into 25 flats. We were appointed to strip out an existing office block over two floors with retail units on the ground floor and to adapt the 1st & 2nd floors into 26 self contained one bedroom apartments for Horton Housing.
The Ground Floor is occupied by retail outlets including two banks, all of which will remain open throughout the duration of the works. This coupled with the restricted access to the site, due to its Town Centre location, has meant careful planning of the works. This has included close liaison with the existing tenants to minimise any disruption.
Due to limited access, all deliveries and parking has had to be coordinated with the local parking enforcement officer and adjacent building tenants.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Fully strip-out of all of the building, including all internal dividing walls.
- Installation of acoustic walls, floors and ceilings to comply with the latest Robust Details.
- Upgrading the insulation of all walls 7 ceilings.
- Replacement of all of the existing windows with new aluminium windows.
- Installation of Juliet Balconies to each flat.
- Contractor design and installation of a new electrical system; briefly comprising:
- Lighting & mains circuits
- Fire alarms
- Hot water – fed from a plant room
- Each flat has it’s own kitchen, bathroom and living area.
- New drainage – internal & external
- External landscaping and entrances.