|Project title||The Beeches|
|Contract type||Construction of New Bungalow|
|Architect||Vincent Dobson (Builders) / I-Design|
Commissioned by our sister company, Vincent Dobson (Builders) Ltd, work commenced October 2010. The property is situated in the Middleton Conservation Zone which has determined a sensitive approach to both the design and execution of the project. This has involved considerable consultation with Planners, Neighbours and the Client to ensure that the construction satisfies all criteria set upon the project.
Vincent Dobson (Builders) have a long standing relationship with the Ilkley community, the respect generated by over 40 years of building in Ilkley is evident by the manner in which the building is being constructed. Of coursed stone with a Westmorland slate roof, the bungalow echoes the arts and crafts style typical of some of the original properties built in Middleton early in the last century.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Erection of tree protection fences.
- Construction of retaining wall and foundations (incorporating special design and construction methods to protect existing tree roots).
- Coursed pitched face stone on cut stone plinth and string course.
- Cut stone cills, jambs and heads.
- Westmorland slate roof.
- Energy efficient design to comply with current energy and co2 emission requirements.
- High specification internal fit out.
- Under floor heating.
- Fitted bathrooms.
- Utility room and kitchen.
- Feature “floating” fireplace