|Project title||School Extension|
|Contract type||Primary School Extension & Remodelling|
|Architect||Stott Thompson Architects|
Following a competitive tender process, we were awarded the contract for these works and commenced on site in November 2010.
The contract works took place whilst the school was occupied and was carried out in two stages to enable the safe movement of staff, pupils and scholl visitors.
The school were very pleased with our execution of works and kindly wrote us a letter of thanks, click here to view this.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Forming a new classroom and offices at first floor level.
- Constructing new floors from new supporting steelwork and timber joists.
- Alterations to the existing timber roof structure (including removal of existing feature trusses).
- Formation of a new first floor dormer structure, which includes new steel ridge beams, purlins and steel columns.
- New stonework to match existing.
- Strip and reinstallation of existing slate roof.
- Construction of a new single story ground floor extension, to form new toilet accommodation.
- Fabricate and install new windows, including several roof lights.
- Fitting out and finishes for the above works.
- All associated mechanical and electrical works.