|Project title||North Grange Mount|
|Client||RMP Properties Ltd|
|Contract type||Listed Building Conversion|
|Architect||West & Machell|
|QS||Bernard Williams Associates|
Following a successful competitive tender submission to construct a new housing block to form 14 apartments, works began on the development in April 2004.
With the project being developed on a Design & Build basis the clients Architects & Engineers were novated The site was located on North Grange Mount, Headingley and access to the site was limited and within a residential area. The scheduling of the deliveries and regular communication with the residents in the nearby vicinity was paramount.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- The demolition of a former structure, clearing the site of vegetation and excavating to levels, on a sloping plot, to create the lower ground floor area.
- Constructing a four storey brickwork structure incorporating; beam & block flooring units with concrete communal staircase and a traditional timber roof structure over a structural steel frame.
- Dormer constructions to create roof space living accommodation.
- Installation of Hardwood timber windows, entrance doors within a Portico & patio doors with Juliet balconies – all windows & doors came with a 10 year warranty.
- All apartments were second fixed which included doors & kitchens.
- Specialist trades carried out all of the Electrical, Heating, Plumbing, Roofing, Plastering and Decorating works.
- Appointing and coordinating the new Electric & Water services.
- Formation of a 14 space car park along with an automated gate entry.