|Project title||Manor Park Surgery|
|Contract type||Extension & Refurbishment of Medical Facility|
|Architect||Chris Eyres Design|
|Quantity Surveyor||Michael Eyres Partnership LLP|
Dobson Construction Ltd were appointed following a successful tender bid and works commenced on the surgery in October 2014. Works include the construction of both a two storey and a single storey extension and also to refurbish the existing surgery.
The surgery remained in full operation during the works and the project was required to be carried out in two phases; the first phase being the formation of the new extensions which comprised of Consulting Rooms, Reception area, Opticians and Pharmacy. The second phase included a full refurbishment of the existing practice forming new administration and office areas and refurbishment of existing consulting rooms. The works also included extensive external works to the existing car park whilst maintaining continual use by the practice.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Construction of a two storey brick extension incorporating prefabricated timber space joists within a structural steelwork frame all of which is acoustically upgraded and installation of prefabricated roof trusses with a concrete tiled roof.
- Installation of aluminium framed auto-entry glazed entry doors, aluminium glazed roof, new uPVC windows to match existing and installation secondary glazing to the existing windows.
- Installation of new steel external doors, electrically operated security shutters and fixed security bars.
- Carry out new Mechanical & Electrical services, including replacement of the existing heating and hot water services, the installation of Solar Photovoltaic panels and new phone and data installations.
- Formation of a lift shaft and pit and the supply and installation of a new passenger lift.
- New floor and wall finishes throughout the new and existing surgery.
- Installation of new internal doors and ironmongery.
- Re-landscape existing externals areas including an extension to the existing car park and the installation of new cycle & mobility scooter shelters.