|Project title||Ilkley Cinema|
|Contract type||Commercial Conversion|
|Architect||Halliday Clark Architects|
Works have been completed on bringing a new lease of life to a former nightclub in Ilkley. On recommendation, our Client made a direct approach to Dobson Construction Ltd to provide a cost to convert existing building from an old nightclub to new purpose of Europe’s smallest cinema seating just 57 people. The auditorium is fully air conditioned with luxurious sofa seating. We also installed an external wall climbing lift for disabled access and a new fire escape and roof configuration to accommodate racked seating and a roof mounted satellite. The building also boasts a new bar, kitchen and lounge area.
The works were undertaken in a confined town centre location over two upper floors above an existing business that was open as normal throughout the works. Specific consideration to carrying out these works to limit any unnecessary noise and disruption was paramount.
You can see what’s showing at the following web link: http://www.ilkleycinema.co.uk/
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Fully strip out the existing nightclub and extensive structural alterations.
- Creation of a tiered 57 seat auditorium complete with projector room all of which are acoustically detailed to prevent sound leakage to the surroundings.
- New incoming services
- Creation of a lounge and bar area.
- Construction of an external balcony leading from the lounge to an external veranda via Hi-Spec timber folding sliding doors.
- Construction of a new stainless steel spiral escape staircase leading from the veranda.
- Installation of a new Platform Lift.
- Construction of a cantilevered Disabled WC structure.
- New electrical and mechanical installations throughout.
- Coordination of the works of the specialist cinema installers.