|Project title||Eco House|
|Contract type||New Build circa 8,000sq ft Private Residence|
|Architect||Sense of Space|
|Location||Harrogate / Wetherby area|
This contract was awarded on the basis of a competitive tender and comprises the demolition of the existing property located on site and the constriction of a five bedroom luxury house over 4 levels. The construction of the property is complicated by the small site area, the adjacency of the construction to surrounding properties and access difficulties due to the site being located at the end of a residential cul-de-sac.
Here is a link to an article in the Yorkshire Post Magazine article
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Strip out and demolish existing property.
- Extensive ground works and excavations including temporary ground stabilisation.
- Construction of retaining walls.
- Construction of structural frame consisting of insulated concrete formwork (Logix XRVsystem) to form the walls, in-situ concrete floor slabs and supporting structural steelwork.
- Installation of swimming pool by specialist contractor.
- Installation of new roof insulation – SIPS structural insulated roof panels.
- Installation of new windows and doors together with the installation of glazed link with bridge.
- New mechanical and electrical system including pool filtration and plant equipment and micro CHP
- Air source heat pump systems.
- Rainwater harvesting and grey water
- Decoration and new finishes.
- New fixtures and fittings.
- New underground utility connections.