|Project title||Don Controls Factory Units|
|Contract type||Commercial New Build|
|Architect||Wilson Kennett Partnership|
|Project Value||Circa £750,000|
The works were to carry out a sympathetic property conversion project in Otley which entails the conversion of a number of listed outbuildings into two number luxury dwellings with off street parking.
With restrictive access to the site the management of the works was of utmost importance and it was necessary to restrict the size of delivery vehicles to and from the site. This meant an increased number of deliveries had to be made; we worked closely with residents to neighbouring properties, keeping them informed on progress and planned forthcoming works, this enabled the smooth running of the site and the neighbours were appreciative of this.
A brief description of the works are as follows:
- Underpinning as necessary to the perimeter walls to enable the ground floors to be lowered and thus increase the headroom height.
- Structural steelwork installed to enable the removal of existing load bearing walls and generate an open-plan workspace.
- Strip existing roof structure, install new purlins & timber rafters and re-slate using stone slates.
- Thermally upgrade the existing stone structure to comply with requirements to achieve the SAP calculations.
- Construct acoustic party walls.
- Installation of new dormers to the roof structure and numerous conservation rooflights.
- Extensive re-pointing works to local planning approval.
- Supply and install bespoke double glazed timber windows and feature windows.
- Supply and install bespoke timber staircases, with accompanying balusters and handrails.
- Co-ordinate and manage the installation of all the new heating, plumbing and electrical works.
- Source, design and install new kitchens with fully integrated appliances.
- Re-grading external courtyard levels to enable the installation of stone sett pavings.