|Project title||Community Project|
|Contract type||Community Project Leeds|
|Architect||Groundworks Architects LLP|
Following submission of our tender for these works, we were requested to re-price various elements to bring the project cost in line with the client’s budget. This has been achieved and work has commenced on the property.
Our client is Artlink West Yorkshire, they are a community arts organisation specialising in arts and health initiatives. You can view their web page by clicking this link.
- Underpinning to the party walls to either side of the property and to the rear; this will enable the floor level to be reduced to enable an increase in ceiling height.
- Structural steelwork to enable the removal of existing bearing walls and generate an open workspace.
- Demolition of full height chimney stack to enable -
- Formation of a lift shaft and pit to house a new passenger lift.
- Replacing numerous large sliding sash windows with new more thermally efficient windows.
- Forming new openings to accommodate new windows and doors.
- Bricking up existing openings with reclaimed bricks to match the existing.
- Formation of a new dormer window, this is being clad in a stainless steel roofing system; as too is the roof of the lift shaft.
- Upgrading the electrical, plumbing and mechanical installations.
- Internal refurbishment, mainly joinery and plastering items.